Monday 14 February 2011

Spring/Summer 11 - behind the scenes at the photoshoot

Yesterday a couple of weeks of much stitching, sewing and stressing came together in the photoshoot for my Spring/Summer collection. There had been a few nightmares a long the way, the original location falling through, my sewing machine deciding to stop working but thankfully everything fell into place at the last minute.



My new collection had been inspired by the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and in true Rowanjoy style is full of florals, lace and colour. I wanted to find somewhere that reflected the sets in the film for the shoot. The perfect location eluded me until worryingly close to the date of the shoot (my original location fell through a week before) but a very fortuitous google search found me a more perfect loacation that i think i could have imagined.


Spot the giant tulle pompom (and a couple of baby ones) that sneaked their way in.



A Georgian Residence is a bed and breakfast in the West End of Edinburgh and is 5 storeys of Grand Rooms and amazing antiques and ornaments. The feel of the place was perfect and when we found a little room hidden away at the top of the house with the most perfect pink tiled fireplace I knew we had the location. Thanks to the kindness and hospitality of Florence who owns the House and if anyone is planning a trip to Edinburgh and wants to stay in the most fantastic setting I would say this is your place.



Once again I was working with the fabulous team of Paul Marr Photographer and Image maker extraordinaire, Roy Rogers hair stylist and creater of the most fantastic up-dos I have seen and Fiona Henderson the most fabulous make up artist. Our model was the lovely Claire lawson from the look agency who was the perfect doll in our Grand Dolls house. Shoes came courtesy of Pam Jenkins where I chose my favourite pair of Jimmy Choos which sadly at a size 6 were just too big for my little trotters.




I hopefully should have the actual images from Paul in the next couple of weeks and as soon as I do I will get them up here to show them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment